The Phlebodium Blue Star Fern is a perfectly, imperfect, plant with its sporadic leaf structure and its sensational greeny-blue colouring. A perfect plant for a hanging pot, or as a shelfie addition.
- Habitat: Will grow 50-100cm indoors. Avoid draughts. Does well in a humid environment.
- Light: Lights bright indirect light. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Water: Keep the soil moist, but do not over-water. Like most plants over-watering will cause root rot. Avoid watering the central stem (rhizome) of the plant.
- Soil: Will be happy in a bark/peat based soil mixed with a orchid mix through it to help create a free draining medium.
- Fertiliser: Ferns do not require too much additional fertiliser, other than diluted amounts during growth periods. Too much fertiliser can hurt your plant.